Sometimes I think I am an odd person. I am not sure if anyone else feels this way or has times and moments when they go through a similar time of offness. The best way to describe what I mean is through a series of descriptive sentences that shed some light on what I mean.
- Sometimes I feel sentimental about my younger years; sometimes, when I see people from my school days on Facebook, I ask myself if I really care what’s going in their lives.
- Sometimes I see the carefree and oblivious way people live and would like to live the same way; other times I cannot believe how ignorant, intentional or unintentional, they can be of their eternal prognosis.
- Sometimes I want would like to drink to excess and wake up at noon a stinking mess; most of the time I feel sad because of the people who do that because they believe that is all there is to do before they die.
- Sometimes I watch shows or movies, witness how easy it seems to have a roll in the hay with someone without consequences, and want to do it; other times I see the same stuff and I am troubled by how shallow and self-indulgent we have become as people.
- Sometimes I wish I could be ignorant of the heartbreak we cause our Creator and Savior; other times I mourn the sin, callousness and empty worship I offer.
- Sometimes I want to ride the wave of trendy church programs and emotionally experience false godliness; most times I endeavor to use the brain God had given me to be a Berean and test all doctrine against what scriptures teach.
- Sometimes I want to blend into the background; most times I feel to stand up for what I know is the plain teaching of scripture.
There are a lot more I am sure I can think. I am probably not the only one who feels this way.