New Year’s day, the day when we put our best lies, I mean our best intentions to improve one self in the coming year. Of course, I will share my list with anyone who reads this.
- I will scratch the inside of my nose less often. This will be difficult since I work in an environment with a lot of paper dust, which creates a lot of boogers, but I will give my best effort.
- I will be more cordial and friendly. It’s not that I am a jerk, I just don’t go out of my way to make small talk. I am not always comfortable with it but I also just simply am not in the mood for it. I need to be more approachable.
- I need to content with what I receive and possess and content with what I don’t receive and possess. This is another hard one. I was raised in an environment which taught me to be envious, jealous and bitter about people who experience more success than I do. I need to accept what my Lord gives and be genuinely happy for others’ success.
- I will rely on Jesus to enable and empower me to live more like Him, and endeavor to be more like Christ. Simply put, Romans 12: 1-2.
- I will love my wife, children and extended family and church family more than I love myself. Another difficult one. I am a really selfish person. Surrendering and submitting to Christ is one thing, but to others is something else entirely harder.
Ok, I came up with five. I am sure there are more but I need to take baby steps.